Choc chip cookies and a good book: perfect combination on a cold winter's day

Last night my dad and I made choc chip cookies. It was actually the first time either of us made cookies, and I reckon they turned out all right. Here's a photo of what they looked like:


We made them with gluten-free flour because my mum can't have wheat. I tried one this morning, they tasted all right - though they were quite hard, the recipe said they were meant to be chewy. Also the one I had tasted a bit burnt, but I think that was just cause it was one of the smallest ones.

It snowed again this morning, while I was studying. It gave me an excuse to take a few minutes off my maths (I'm still doing equations) to take this photo of my garden:



You can kinda see the snowflakes falling? I dunno, my phone's camera isn't very good.

But it's pretty much all melted by now, none of the snow that fell this morning actually stayed on the ground for some reason and it's basically gone now in the afternoon. Oh well, it never stays too long.

On a different subject, I'm currently reading Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials and I'm really enjoying it. I read the first book, Northern Lights, last summer I think and the second book over the Christmas holidays, and now I'm about halfway through the last book. It's a really good story, and lately I hadn't actually been reading that much, this is the first time in a while that I've been really into a story. I like how it's got magic and science and religion all mixed together in one story and it makes it really original and imaginative. If you haven't read it yet I recommend that you do, it's a great trilogy. 

I'm also learning a new song on the piano, it's an Easy Study by... um someone with a complicated name, I don't know. Whatever, it's quite fun cause it's basically different scales and it's really really fast.

It's a Friday 13th today, apparently they're meant to be unlucky for some. I don't know, they're never especially unlucky for me. They're just like any other day.

That's it for today, see you later,

-IndigoSky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Memories": A short story

"Train Zombies": A short story

This hot weather is killing me...