Orthodontist's appointments and upcoming exams: I don't know what I'm doing with my life

Yesterday I had an appointment with the orthodontist. I'm gonna get braces fitted next week, and the orthodontist had to take measurements of my teeth, make moulds, take pictures of what my teeth look like now before the treatment, take a couple of x-rays, whatever it was a bit of a pain and it took AGES, we were there for over an hour. I got some elastic bands fitted around my back teeth to separate them or something before I get the actual braces done. They don't hurt or anything, but it feels a bit weird, kinda like I've got a piece of chewing gum stuck to my back teeth, and I keep instinctively trying to push them out with my tongue, and I have to keep reminding myself to stop. Next week the bands will come off and I'll get the actual braces. I'm not sure if I like the idea of having braces or not, on one hand it'll be good to get my teeth straightened (they're a mess right now) but I heard they hurt a bit at first until you get used to them. Oh well, I'm getting them done anyway, too late to change my mind now.

Today I had an appointment with the optician. I know, I've basically spent all week going to different medical appointments. The optician's appointment wasn't so bad, apparently I'm a tiny little bit short-sighted but I don't need glasses or anything, but I already knew that really, I would have noticed if I had a problem with my vision.

We've finally found a place to do my GCSEs, being home-educated I had to apply at a school to take the exams as an external candidate, and finding a school that would accept external candidates has been a nightmare and a half let me tell you, my mum's spent ages trying to find a place. But we've finally found a school where I can take the exams I'm taking this year, Spanish and English language. I'm preparing my Spanish speaking exam cause apparently you can take that as early as March, though I think we'll leave it until later, so it's only a few weeks before the listening and reading exams in May.

I can't believe I'm going to take my GCSEs soon. They're basically the exams you take at the end of your time at school, before going on to college or whatever. The idea that I'm coming towards the end of my secondary education is both exciting and scary; exciting because it means I'm taking a step towards my future, and scary because I feel like everything is going to flipping quickly, I don't feel so grown up yet, I still feel like a little kid who doesn't have a clue what she's going to do when she's older, I have no idea what I want to work in, I don't know what I'm doing with my life. I still have no idea what I want to do after my GCSEs, I have a vague idea I might go to sixth form but I don't know what I'll study there. The only thing I know is that I like writing and I'm good at it, so I guess whatever I do will be related to that.

I don't know, I guess the elastics on my teeth are annoying me and making me cranky, that's why I'm all stressed out about my life.

-IndigoSky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: September

"The Adventure of a Lifetime", part one: Poptropica fanfiction

"Hiding" // Short story