Weird dreams, how does my brain come up with this stuff

Okay, so I'm not having a very good day today. Why are Mondays always so sucky? I spend all day feeling half asleep, I have absolutely no concentration, I don't feel like doing anything except going to sleep. I don't like Mondays.

Today I was woken up by the sound of a drill; there was some type of building work going on in our street. I don't know why, but I was convinced that it was the sound of someone doing the hoovering, and I also thought that it was Sunday morning, and I was like, who the hell is doing the hoovering at 5am on a Sunday morning? Don't know where I got the 5am bit from, either. I think I must have been having a dream and the real world sort of got mixed up with the dream. Then I woke up a bit more and I realised that it was a Monday morning and the sound was a drill and it wasn't 5am, it was actually closer to 9am, I'd overslept, so it was actually kind of a good thing I'd been woken up. My brain does the strangest things sometimes.

Talking of dreams, a couple of nights ago I had a really interesting one. I dreamed I got put into some kind of orphanage or boarding school by mistake, and while I was there, I found out that they were doing something to the kids, like experimenting on them or I don't know. And whatever it was, they tried to do it to me, so I had to escape and run away, and I got into a car that was REALLY old, and I had to drive it, and I was like, I'm fifteen! I don't know how to drive! But I had to drive because the bad guys were about to get me, so I did, and I was like, oh, this actually ain't so hard. And I must have gotten away because the next part of the dream I remember was that I had to go back to the orphanage/school to find out exactly what they were doing to the kids, and try and save them. But I think I must have woken up around then.

Last night I had a slightly less interesting dream, I dreamt I was going shopping with a friend. Oh, and she was going to get married. Yeah, I know, she's like my age, so that's kind of impossible. I think my brain came up with that because yesterday my friend came round, and after she'd gone I watched an episode of a TV series where one of the main characters had just gotten engaged. So I basically mixed the two things up.

It's always fun to talk about dreams, especially if they're as whacky as the ones I often have. Seriously, I don't know how I come up with this stuff. I think the moral to this story is that I read WAY too much and watch WAY too much TV.

Later.

-IndigoSky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"Memories": A short story

"Train Zombies": A short story

This hot weather is killing me...