Welcome to 2017, so far it's been really rainy

So, it's the new year. Hope it got off to a good start for everyone. I've been really sleepy all today because last night I stayed up until about 1am and this morning I didn't wake up at 11am as predicted, but at around 8.30. I wanted to get some more sleep but my brain was all awake and I couldn't get back to sleep again. My dad made pancakes for breakfast. It's a type of tradition in my family that every year on New Year's Day my dad makes pancakes. We took it easy; I spent most of the morning reading. Then in the afternoon we had to leave cause we'd agreed to meet friends at a cafe. We were going to go for a walk around Greenwich Park and then go to the cafe, which is nearby, but it was absolutely chucking it down with rain so we decided to just straight to the cafe cause no-one wanted to walk.

So that was the first day of the new year for me. To be honest I've spent all day feeling really sleepy because of last night. And the weather's been really rubbish, raining all day.

Oh yeah, later on the new episode of Sherlock is on. Yay. I've been looking forwards to it for a while. Damn, that means I'm not going to be able to get to bed until like 10pm since that's when it finishes. Oh well.

Later,

-IndigoSky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: September

"The Adventure of a Lifetime", part one: Poptropica fanfiction

"Hiding" // Short story