A ramble about my favourite movies - they're all for kids, wonder what that says about me?

Today I went to the cinema with my friend and her little sister. We watched "Sing". It was really good! I won't spoil it for anyone, but it was really funny and - like the name suggests - there was a lot of singing in it. My friend's sister kept grooving along to the songs, she absolutely loved it. It's aimed at little kids but like most little-kid films it can also really be enjoyed by people who are older. I recommend it!

To be honest, most of my favourite films are little-kid films. I don't know why - it just seems like they're way better than movies aimed at adults. I guess it's just cause they're always really funny and they always have some type of moral, i.e. be yourself, friendship is important, face your fears. Also, if it's an animated movie for kids, I guess it doesn't matter if the storyline's not so great - so long as it's funny, who cares? A lot of the time you can see the ending coming a mile off, but it doesn't matter so long as it's entertaining. While if it's a more serious film for adults, if there's a problem with the plot, it's way more obvious.

Apparently there's going to be a Despicable Me 3! I saw the ad at the cinema today, I got so excited. I love the Despicable Me movies - I LOVE MINIONS!! I swear whenever there's minions involved I turn into a total idiot. I start laughing at what they do even if it's like the dumbest thing ever, they're just so cute! Though to be honest, the film "Minions" wasn't that good in my opinion... it was funny but Despicable Me was way better. I dunno, that's just what I thought.

Another of my favourites is the Lego Movie - I laughed so much! Really, really recommend that. I like the moral at the end too - even ordinary people can do extraordinary things, or something along those lines. And I reckon my all-time favourite is Wreck-It Ralph - I've watched that about a million times with my little cousin, and it's really original, I like the idea of characters from video games going from one game to the other - but I don't wanna spoil it so I won't say any more, heh. Big Hero 6 is good too - my cousin's current favourite.

But if you asked me to name a film I liked that WASN'T for kids... seriously I would find it hard to come up with anything. I mean, I like the Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter and Star Wars, but... neither of those are anywhere near my favourite flicks. I guess I just don't watch that many movies - I mostly watch TV series. My favourite series are NCIS, The Gilmore Girls, Sherlock and The Big Bang Theory (I WANT TO HATE THAT SHOW BUT I CAN'T I LOVE IT). And more, but I can't be bothered to think about it just now, ha ha.

To bring this post to a close I'll just comment on how much I love the word "flick" to mean movie. I wanna use it. I went to the flicks today. I watched a flick. It sounds so cool... okay, that's it this post is over.

-IndigoSky

Comments

  1. I REALLY WANT TO SEE THE LEGO MOVIE. I heard it was AMAZING and I always tell myself "watch this movie this weekend" but it never happens ;-;
    And yes, I must agree, kids films are my favorite. Especially Disney. Unfortunately I never really get time to watch movies (I haven't seen Finding Dory or Moana :\ but I saw Doctor Strange! It was great!) They're really relaxing tbh, you don't need to think too much about what's happening.
    Thank you for stopping by my blog by the way!
    the-emo-wolverine-writes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lego Movie is just hilarious, watch it when you get the chance! I don't really get to watch that many movies either to be honest, I haven't watched Moana either, and I really wanna watch Doctor Strange.
    Your blog is great! And thank you for stopping by MY blog! 😂😆

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hey there! I hope you enjoyed this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day. I try and reply to comments within a few hours, so keeping checking back!

Popular posts from this blog

Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: September

"The Adventure of a Lifetime", part one: Poptropica fanfiction

"Hiding" // Short story