Random post about the past few days: why is my life so damn boring

Haven't posted here for a while... hmmm, I just couldn't come up with anything interesting to say. Nothing much has happened in my life lately. Well... I'll see what I can come up with for today's post.

Today I haven't been doing much - just studying. (If you don't already know, I'm home educated.) Nothing interesting at all to be honest. I've got karate lessons later, like every Tuesday. Sigh. My life is so depressingly DULL.

Yesterday I went to the orthodontist's, to get my rebelling braces back under control. The orthodontist replaced the band that had fallen out, and she decided to replace all the other bands too, tying them in a way that's more secure so they won't make a bid for freedom like the other one did. My new bands are a slightly different shade of blue to my old ones - I thought they were the same colour but when I got home and looked in the mirror I saw that they weren't. Oh well, I don't mind a bit of change.

On Sunday my mum and I reorganised my room. Basically I put some old toys that were on my shelf into a box, to leave space for my ever-growing collection of books. I was sick of having those toys there, come on, I'm fifteen, my bedroom looks like it belongs to a nine-year-old. I've still left some of my favourite dolls out, cause they were my favourite when I was a kid and I'm sentimental like that. There's this one doll, an Ariel from The Little Mermaid but I called her Meh for some reason (don't ask why cause I seriously don't know) and she was basically my best friend, I took her EVERYWHERE with me, she was my favourite doll since I got her when I was four until I was about nine or ten. (Yes, I played with dolls until I was ten, get over it.) I dragged her around everywhere and her skin is completely grey from dirt and age, even though I washed her every now and then. I was considering putting her in the washing machine, but I'm kinda scared she'll just... disintegrate or something, cause she's so worn, and I REALLY don't want to happen (view previous comment on sentimentality).

Something of note is that here in London the weather has been really mild for the time of year. We're having highs of about 12 and 13 degrees, usually in February it's about 5 degrees, that is if it isn't below freezing. And it's been all lovely and sunny, too ( well, it's cloudy today but yesterday it was sunny). Yesterday my mum was convinced that it was March cause it felt like it was spring. I really want it to be spring - winter always drags on for way too long!

Random anecdote: I recently discovered that scrambled eggs taste great if you add cumin. I'm serious, it tastes so good! I usually use chives to give my scrambled eggs a bit of flavour but a few weeks ago we were out of chives so I decided to add some ground cumin instead, and I'm really glad I did because it's great. If you like the taste of cumin I recommend it.

That's it from moi for today.

Stay awesome!

-IndigoSky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: November

Blue Sky Tag, featuring pics of my cat

The "Sunday Currently" + Q&A requests