Greenwich park, cool astronomy photos, creepy birds and cute puppies

Today my mum had a dentists' appointment at midday. We used to live near Greenwich Park, and our dentist is still near our old house, so whenever either my mum or I have a dentist appointment, we go up to Greenwich Park and go for a walk. So that's what we did today, even though it was slightly raining a little bit.

We walked around the park a bit, then went into the Observatory since it had started raining a bit more heavily. There was an exhibition showing the winners of the Astronomy Photographer of the Year competition (I think that's what it's called? I don't actually remember, I have the memory of a particularly forgetful goldfish) and WOW! Those photographs were just... out of this world! (Out of this world, cos it's astronomy, get it? Never mind.) I stared at them like an idiot for about twenty minutes, they were amazing. The skill it must take to take photos like that, the dedication too. I could never be a photographer, myself - I don't have enough patience.

Once we were done looking at the exhibition we went out to have lunch, the rain had stopped by then. We had lunch sitting on a park bench, even though it was pretty cold. While we were eating, there was this crow just standing there a little way from me. And I swear, it was staring at me all the time. It probably just wanted my food or something, but after a while it started to creep me out. It was just standing there, staring at me with its little black eyes. I don't like crows - actually, I didn't know that I didn't like crows, but I found that out today. My mum shared some of her lunch with it and some pigeons that were also milling around. I didn't, I don't like sharing my food, I'm a meanie, mwa-ha-ha-ha.

Seriously, what is it with pigeons? They're so damn greedy. They will literally fight each other over a breadcrumb. Are they really that hungry? I mean, surely they can find food somewhere else? You can't eat anything in a park without half a dozen pigeons pecking around at your feet. The second my mum and I finished our lunch and left, the bench we'd been sitting on was suddenly covered in pigeons eating breadcrumbs we'd left behind. Not the crow, though. It just stared. ARGH IT WAS SO CREEPY!

Then we walked around some more, because we felt like human ice lollies after sitting still outside for so long. And before long we got the bus back home.

On the bus there was this guy with a puppy sitting on his lap. It was so adorable! The puppy was so CUTE, and it was lying there on its owner's lap, with its little paws resting on his arm... I don't know why it made me so excited, but there you go. I'm not usually a super-fan of dogs (I'm a cat person, bite me) but that puppy was just adorable.

Well... that's everything of note that happened today. So... I guess that's the end of this post.

Oh, one more thing - I'm thinking of changing this blog's name. "IndigoSky's Blog" is just kinda boring. When I created this blog two months ago I didn't really spend a lot of time thinking up the  title, I was more interested in getting my blog up and running so I didn't give it much thought. And I want to change it now, but I'm a little stuck for ideas. So if anyone has any title ideas for my blog, let me know in the comments. And if you don't have any ideas, that's fine, leave me a comment saying so. And if you don't want to comment then don't, goddammit this is a free country.

See ya!

-IndigoSky

Comments

  1. I don't know why, but I really enjoy reading these kind of posts, where people talk about a day in their life and just what they were thinking at the moment. Plus, your voice is so accessible and easy to read. :)
    And YOU USED TO LIVE NEAR AN OBSERVATORY?!? I'm so jealous right now, haha. I've been a fan of astronomy for ages, so the mere thought of going into an observatory gets me all excited. Oh, and the walk with your mum sounds so lovely. Do you do things together a lot? (My mum was always busy, and now that I live away from home, we hardly spend time together, which is a bit sad.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed this. To be honest, I find this type of post the most fun to write as I don't have to plan what I'm going to say, I just sit down and type whatever comes into my head, it's kind of relaxing.
      I love astronomy too! I guess it's because I used to live near the observatory when I was young that I grew to love it, we'd go there on weekends quite often.
      And yeah I get along really well with my mum (well, MOSTLY), we do a lot of stuff together. I consider myself quite lucky as I know that loads of kids my age aren't very close to their parents, which is sad.
      Thanks for visiting my blog!
      IndigoSky x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Hey there! I hope you enjoyed this post, and if you did, please leave me a comment! They make my day. I try and reply to comments within a few hours, so keeping checking back!

Popular posts from this blog

Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: September

"The Adventure of a Lifetime", part one: Poptropica fanfiction

"Hiding" // Short story