Eurovision "review", i.e. a rambling mess about last night

So last night it was the Eurovision Song Contest final!! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE EUROVISION oh my god it's so CHEESY but I love seeing all the different performances and singers from all over Europe (and Australia, I'm still not sure why Australia is a part of Eurovision but oh well). Though I thought that the song that won was rubbish?? Seriously it was about as interesting as watching paint dry, IT WAS SO BORING. There were loads of songs that were way better. Like no offence if you liked the song or anything, the thing is that it was really slow and it was in Portuguese so I had no idea what it was about, maybe the lyrics were absolutely amazing but I can't know because I didn't understand it. And seriously I am so happy for Portugal because apparently they hadn't won the Eurovision Song Contest in like 50+ years. But it doesn't change the fact I didn't like the song, I thought that there were songs that were way better.

Seriously though, it's like this just about every year. The songs that I like end up last and the ones I don't end up winning. Sigh. That's life.

On the plus side, the UK didn't actually do so badly! Like we were sort of in the middle of the leaderboard, that's pretty impressive considering we usually come close to last. The song was pretty cool too, the first time I heard it I thought it was rubbish but I listened to it a few more times and it started really growing on me, it's actually a nice song. The staging was pretty simple, which is odd in Eurovision. But for some reason while she was singing the singer kept doing these really weird faces, I guess it was the passion of the song but it kind of looked like she was in actual pain, it bothered me.

But Spain came last?? (Having family in Spain I support Spain as well as the UK.) Like why?? I mean, I'm not saying the song didn't suck; it did. Big time. It was rubbish. But I don't think it was THAT terrible. They got like zero points for crying out loud! It wasn't that bad, people!

Sigh... I really don't understand the voting in Eurovision.

I was thinking of doing like a little review of the whole program, but since it was on so late, I was half-asleep by the end of it and I don't really remember lots of the performances. I'll just say that it was just as cheesy as ever. And it had all the weird special effects it always has. Some songs were quite good; others were watching-paint-dry-boring; the majority were somewhere in the middle.

And the voting dragged on FOR EVER! Each presenter from every country just started babbling on about how glad they were to be a part of Eurovision and blah blah before giving out the 12 points, I was like - will you just get on with it, we don't have all night! I don't really like the new way of voting, either, where they give the votes from the jury first and then the votes that the people gave - it's kind of confusing. To be honest I don't get why there has to be a professional jury at all?

But despite it dragging on forever and the results of the voting really annoying me, Eurovision night still firmly remains one of my favourite nights of the year. I'm already looking forward to next year...

Did you watch Eurovision last night? What did you think of it? You know comments always make my day!

-IndigoSky

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indigo's Monthly Writing Challenge: September

"The Adventure of a Lifetime", part one: Poptropica fanfiction

"Hiding" // Short story